- Research and assess opportunities for the application of digital marketing and communications practices within specific markets
- Create detailed, actionable e-marketing plans
- Identify the information, systems and process requirements for successful integrated, customer-focused e-marketing management
- Apply quantitative techniques to analyse marketing data
DETAILS OF ASSIGNMENT
For the purposes of this assignment outline and detail an online marketing plan for an organisation based on the scenario below.
Based on your analysis of the scenario you will need to do the following:
- Clearly define the marketing environment for the organisation.
- Using an environmental framework Identify in depth areas of opportunity and weakness and use these to formulate the objectives of your marketing plan. You must use the following frameworks: Porters, SWOT.
- Detail your strategy and how you intend to implement it. You will need to consider the following:
- The niche and target market strategy
- The positioning and differentiation strategy
- The domain name
- SEO strategy with detailed costs, and the amounts of clicks that you can buy on a monthly forecast.
- You will be expected to implement your ideas and therefore you will be required to develop a fully functioning website prototype which includes as a minimum 5 pages. You will need to include a wire frame and a navigational outline to show that the necessary information and planning process has taken place.
- As part of this implementation detail your social media strategy, this will need to include an email newsletter.
- Identify your measurement strategy, what are the key metrics you will use to help you identify your success rate in meeting your objectives. You will need to develop a measurement strategy based on defined online metrics and analytical criteria.
- Reflect on the information and process developments. Carefully consider, style, layout and appropriate e-marketing activities that were integral during the implementation phase.
Reflect on the decisions you have made and the ideas you propose and give full justification.
This is an individual written assignment. 3000 words maximum.
Assignment Scenario â€“ â€œThe Book Clubâ€
You are a Digital Marketing consultant who has been approached by a small family run Book shop business known as â€œThe Book Clubâ€ who are based in Huddersfield. They are a small organisation whose primary business revolves around publishing and retailing. They sell Books and normal hardcover/paperback books, and they publish science fiction and fantasy books only. Over the last few years â€œThe Book Clubâ€ has struggled in a very competitive market. They have identified that they need to diversify their market and product range but they have no idea on how to accomplish this, should they continue to publish or focus purely on retailing?
Currently they do not have an online presence and no mechanism to engage with their current or past customers. They want you to help remedy this; they envisage that their online presence should be used for acquiring new customers through SEO and retain existing customers via email marketing and social media.
Therefore, your job is to develop an online marketing presence which allows â€œThe Book Clubâ€ to compete within the online environment. You will need to write a business case report and create an online presence that allows the â€œThe Book Clubâ€ to accomplish their publishing/retailing ambitions.
You must remember that the â€œThe Book Clubâ€ has zero experience of the online environment. For this assessment, you will be required to be thorough in your analysis and research and make maximum use of the scenario provided.
You should support your work throughout with evidence from good quality academic (journal articles, textbooks, conference proceedings, etc) and business sources. All material you reference should be cited fully using the standard university style, both within the main body of your report and in a clearly marked References section at the end.
10 % discount on an order above
Use the following coupon code :
CHECK ORDER PAGE
Category: Business and Management