How Do Various Factors Influence Health in Your Community?
- Respond to the prompts below in full sentences. Be sure to use standard English grammar and spelling:
- Individual, interpersonal, community, and environmental influences all affect the health status of a community.
- For a community you are involved in, name two key factors in each area.
- For your community, which factors have the most effect? The least?
- Healthy People 2010 follows a variety of health indicators, such as physical activity and obesity; drug, alcohol, and tobacco use; mental health; incidence of violence and injury; environmental issues; and access to health care.
- For a population in your community, which of these indicators do you think has the greatest impact on health and wellness?
- What media are used in your community to promote health and prevent illness or disease?
- Give three examples and discuss how effective they are for their target audience